We have had various of posts through out our blog surrounding the topic of nausea from teas to natural medicines, we know how overwhelming nausea can be and we want to provide you with a multitude of tips to help you control it.
Controlled deep breathing techniques has been clinically proven to help ease on coming nausea. So what do these techniques look like? Well it is fairly simple-lets take a look:
- When a wave of nausea hits, make sure to get your self in a comfortable position
- Close your eyes in order to avoid distractions from focusing on your breathing
- Deeply inhale through your nose
- Then, exhale completely through your mouth
- Complete this at least three times and assess if your nausea has let up
If you are still feeling nauseous try this again but you may also try these techniques:
- Focus on a particular muscle group by tightening and releasing these muscles in a slow pattern while maintaining deep breaths as you complete this
- Try raising your shoulders to your ears and slowly drop them into a relaxed position again while deeply breathing
- Stand in an upright position with your arms relaxed by your side, slowly [we mean very slowly or this technique could have the opposite effect] begin to let your arms go towards the floor. Try to focus on breathing but also try to envision every vertebrae in your back opening and releasing as your finger tips make their way to your toes.