Pumpkins are a classic symbol of fall, but did you know that there are many more uses for this vitamin rich fruit [yes it is technically a fruit!]? Well let us share with you our top three favorite alternative uses for pumpkin for this Tips and Tricks Monday!
- 1/4 Cup of Pumpkin
- One whole egg
- A few teaspoons of honey
- Whisk together ingredients
- Lather on face
- Relax with Pumpkin mask on skin for 15-20 min
How can pumpkin help with tummy issues?
Number Three- Pumpkin Butter
Butter is a household staple for almost every home--use this to your advantage to make your own butter by using the vitamin rich fruit! Check out this recipe we found from All Recipes website.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine pumpkin, apple juice, spices, and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently.
- Transfer to sterile containers and chill in the refrigerator until serving.