We have discussed the importance of Healthy Fats in a pediatric cancer patients diet, today we would like to share with you a wonderful list of various avocado snacks from BuzzFeed!
To begin lets take a look at the benefits of avocados provided by Avocado Central....
According to the Dietary Guidelines 2010, good fats are those that can lower bad cholesterol levels and are beneficial when consumed in moderation. Avocados contribute good fats to one's diet, providing 3 grams monounsaturated fat and 0.5 polyunsaturated grams fat per 1-oz. serving.
Avocados are cholesterol- and sodium-free, and more than 50 percent of the fruit's fat content comes from monounsaturated fats.
Now take a sneak peek at just one of the 17 snack ideas for avocado snacks.....
- Coat avocado halves with a little bit of coconut oil.
- Grill avocado halves, flesh side down, until charred, about 2 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl
- Combine 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mango.
- Drizzle an additional teaspoon of coconut oil on each grilled half, then spoon the coconut-mango mixture on top.
Check out the full list of snacks HERE