Tomorrow we will be taking a break from our Teen with a Dream Summer Research Project for SPLURGE! Friday.
So, for today we want to share with you a few credible resources that are abundant with information. Although these are just a sliver of the great resources out there-it is important to make sure that you are using good resources to gather your information [especially if you are getting it from the internet!].
As a reminder we focused on the following sections this week for your Summer Research Project....
[Key Research Tips to Keep in Mind]
- Don't settle for one opinion, or one resource! Make sure to pull from a multitude of perspectives, cancer can be a scary topic so make sure not to settle with only one source of information.
- Take hand written notes as you compile your research.
- Use resources beyond the internet-go to your local library and check out books! You could even ask your doctor for recommendations.
- Soak in all the information and then condense to the bare necessities.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions from the professionals! Sometimes the best resources can be an experienced individual-your nurse, your doctor, a cancer survivor etc!
Check out our Pediatric Cancer Resources Tab for additional resources!