Happy Friday Dream Team! There is nothing that gives you that feels more like summer than the sight of fireflies! If you are like us here at Teen with a Dream headquarters, these beautiful bugs are not native to our Colorado state--so we are going to create our very own!
These D.I.Y. Glow Firefly Jars are a great craft for you and the kids! Note: This craft can get a little messy so be prepared!
What you will need:
- Glass jar
- Glow sticks (you can get them at the dollar store)
- Sprinkle Glitter
- Rubber Gloves to protect your hands
- Use scissors to cut the ends off the glow sticks....This is the messy part-so use caution!
- Open your glass jar and shake the opened glow sticks into the jar.
- A tip for getting that splatter effect comes from banging it against the sides of the jar
- Add in some of your sprinkle glitter into the jar, trying to get it to stick on the sides over the glowstick fluid.
- Tighten the lid, if you have really little ones around the house you may consider gluing it shut
- The average lifespan of these jars is around 6-8 hours so plan accordingly:)