- Look at situations from multiple perspectives--seek out perspectives you may not typically consider.
- Believe in yourself. Sometimes we are our worst critics. Make sure to recognize your abilities, talents and strengths and embrace these
- Utilize Affirmations. These are positive statements that encourage your ability to make changes, or cope with changes that are happening around you. Example: "Everyday is a new one and I will take each day on--using my strengths to make it a good day"
- Embrace "Personal Power". Read further on the concept of personal power here and check out their exercises to accomplish it.
- Begin to make choices that will ultimately generate happiness and consideration in some way-even the most little ways.
- Baby Steps. It is unrealistic to think you will be able to wake up tomorrow morning and have a fresh perspective and outlook when it comes to change. Make a goal to accomplish one thing a day that ultimately will help you embrace change.
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
6 Steps to Take for an Emotional Health Makeover
Emotions will clearly run high when dealing with pediatric cancer, whether you are the parent, sibling or even the patient themselves- it is important to take time to focus on keeping a healthy state of mind as much as possible.
Emotional Support: A Healthy State of Mind